Mackellar Girls Campus aims to develop independent, resourceful, and tolerant young women, equipped with the personal, social, academic and technological skills necessary in a changing world.
Head Teacher Welfare
Ms A Scalese
Year Advisers for 2013:
Yr 7 - Ms A Evans
Yr 8 - Ms S McLaren
Yr 9 - Ms N Robb
Yr 10 - Mrs M Bayliss
Yr 11 - Ms S Turnball
Yr 12 - Mr S Devine
Ms L MacDonald
Ms P Brugger
The school has an underlying ethos:-
- Respect for the intrinsic worth of each individual
- Creation of an environment in which children can learn and develop their talents, strengths, interests, leadership skills.
- Development of a sense of belonging, of confidence, of caring, of trust.
Student Welfare team
The Student Welfare team devises, implements and evaluates welfare policy. The Head Teacher Welfare, Student Adviser and Assistant Adviser for each year monitor and support the progress of all girls.
- Personal Development taught in classes (7 - 10) and seminars (11 - 12)
- Integrated religious education program (7 - 10)
- Mentoring Program (Years 7 & 8)
- School Prefects system
- Student Representative 'Council comprising all years
- Student Leadership opportunities
- Student Mentoring Program ("1 on 1")
- Peer Support Program ("Seven / Eleven")
- Strong encouragement to participate in the wide extracurricular program.
The school has a number of supporting programs that aim to allow the girls to reach their full potential:
- Student Welfare
- Religious Education
- Career Education
- Aboriginal Support